I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Living in Virginia I'm only about four hours from the beach. Virginia Beach that is. What makes Va. Beach worth the 4 hour drive? Number 1 on this list is of course my main reason to visit VA beach and the rest are listed in no particular order.
1. Family. I have cousins that live in the area and we all grew up together so when I can get over that direction I want to spend time with them.
2. The Beach. I love the ocean. I love the sand between my toes (but not in my suit) and I love the smells of the ocean. I love watching an ocean front sunrise. Sitting on the beach listening to the waves is so calming for me.
3. Parasailing. I had the opportunity a few years ago to go parasailing and would love to go back and do it again.
4. Mount Trashmore park. Yes I said Mount Trashmore. Once a landfill this park is now a wonderful spot to let the kids play. The kids always have a blast when we visit the park.
5. The Boardwalk. 3 miles of walking, biking, skating and enjoying the outdoor cafes, fantastic nautical sculptures and the beautiful Atlantic ocean. This is a great (free) way to get exercise at the beach.
6. The VA Aquarium. My boys love visiting all the sea critters. Mom and Dad love it too. You can take a trip to the aquarium if its too hot or rainy to head out to the ocean. This is a for sure way to see the sea creatures that you would hope to see out on the sea.
7. Fishing. I grew up with a fishing pole in my hand thanks to my Nana and Papa. Virginia Beach offers a variety of fishing charters and fishing destinations. I've seen a few dolphins swimming by while fishing once. We joined VA Beach Fishing Center for a deep sea charter out over the tunnel. We caught a lot of croaker and a sting ray! We kept the croaker to grill for lunch and of course the sting ray was returned to the sea.
8. Shopping. You can shop til you drop at the Lynnhaven mall, one of the largest malls on the entire East coast! The Lynnhaven mall has a double-decker carousel. How fun!
9. Golf. Daddy B is the golfer of the family. The only golf I play is putt-putt. There are several spots in the Virginia Beach area to tee off.
10. Getting up at the crack of dawn just to see the sun rise over the ocean. At home I'd curse you if you woke me up before the sun was high above the horizon but at the beach I am up and ready to go and watch the sunrise.
Have you been to Virginia Beach? What are reasons that you like to visit the beach?
disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.