I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
It’s day 3 of #SummerDessertWeek and today I am sharing a strawberry siren shake with y’all. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? I like no churn cherry cheesecake ice cream and no churn banana pudding ice cream. Jersey Boy had been asking for strawberry milkshakes for a couple weeks so I finally got around to making him and the kids some strawberry siren shakes. For this recipe I used a family favorite store bought strawberry ice cream. This recipe is all about the shake as a whole not just the ice cream you use.
Strawberry Siren Shake
My 11 year old, Kyle, helped me make the strawberry siren shakes. We used 8 scoops of ice cream (a quart container of ice cream). I used my hand blender to make the shakes so we made them one at a time. I found some patriotic mason jars at the store and thought they would be great shake cups. I wish they had handles on them though. We melted some Wilton candy melts and used those to add a pop of summer color to the rims of the glasses. For these particular shakes we chose blue candy melts for the glasses and the new Wilton Blueberry Lemonade (purple) candy melts for the mermaid tails. We pulled the mermaid tail mold from the Wilton DIY-Lish mermaid cupcake decorating kit. The sprinkles we chose to go with the siren aka mermaid theme came from Sweets & Treats. They are called “mermaid tail purple” and “sweet sprinkle mix: sea splash”. The green spoons and paper straws also came from Sweets & Treats.
Strawberry Siren Milkshake
Ingredients/Supplies: (makes 1 shake)
2 scoops strawberry ice cream
1/4 cup milk
handful of Wilton Candy Melts
whipped cream (the can not the tub)
*optional* shake toppings of choice- we used strawberry shortcake rolls
1. Melt the candy melts and apply to the rim of the shake glass. Before the glass rim sets apply the sprinkles to the candy melt covered top of the glass.
2. Use the melted candy melts to also create the mermaid tail molds. Set the tails aside in the fridge for 10 minutes while you finish making the shake.
3. In your hand blender cup or regular blender, add the ice cream and milk and blend until the consistency that you like your shakes.
4. Pour the milkshake in to the sprinkle rimmed glass and top it with some whipped cream, more sprinkles, a mermaid tail, and whatever other “freak shake” toppings that you can come up with.
5. Serve immediately as the shake and whipped cream will start to melt.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Strawberry Limeade Popsicle Cupcakes from Southern from Scratch
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Beach Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Chocolate Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Blueberry Buckle from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart