I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
These old fashioned apple fritters are not very Halloween but they are very fall for me. Give me an old fashioned apple fritter and an apple crisp frapp and I would be one content mama. This post and recipe is being shared for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Honey crisp apples, eggs, applesauce, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar, milk, oil, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a little more milk. See recipe card below for exact measurements.
How to make Old Fashioned Apple Fritters
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in center of the mix and add ⅓ cup of milk, eggs, and applesauce and mix completely until blended. Peel and dice your apples (small pieces but not so small that they aren't tasted in the fritter) and fold them into the batter. In a deep pan or skillet, bring the oil to 375 degrees F. Once the oil is ready, carefully drop ¼ cup of the batter into the oil. Let it fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and let rest on a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess oil. Repeat the process until you have used all the batter. I normally get 10-12 from one batch. Place all of the old fashioned apple fritters on a baking rack to cool. In another smaller mixing bowl whisk the glaze ingredients together. Place an edged baking sheet under the baking rack of fritters and pour glaze over all of the fritters. I usually can do a glaze over the fritters 2-3 times before I run out.
Old Fashioned Apple Fritters
- 2 cups Canola oil
- 2-3 Honey Crisp apples
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 & ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar Dixie Crystals
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar Dixie Crystals
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the mix and add ⅓ cup of milk, eggs, and applesauce and mix completely until blended.
- Peel and dice your apples (small pieces but not so small that they aren't tasted) and gently fold them into the batter.
- In a deep pan or skillet, bring the oil to 375 degrees F. Once the oil is ready, carefully drop ¼ cup of the batter into the oil. Let it fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the fritter from the oil and let it rest on a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess oil. Repeat the process until you have used all the batter. I normally get 10-12 fritters.
- Place all of the fritters on a baking rack to cool.
- In another smaller mixing bowl whisk the 3 glaze ingredients together.
- Place an edged baking sheet under the baking rack and pour the glaze over all of the fritters. I usually can do the glaze over the fritters 2-3 times before I run out.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th - October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today...
- Melted Witch Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Splatter Donuts from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches' Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Spider Cake from Baking Up Memories
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Melted Witch Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments