I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
I love a good eclair and I had never had it in cake form until after I was married to Daddy B. This is sooooo delicious. It's a no bake dessert with only 5 ingredients. Easy peasy.
1 (14.4 oz.) box graham crackers
2 (3.5 oz) small boxes or 1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
4 cups milk (only 3 cups if you use 1 large box of pudding mix)
1 (8 oz) container whipped topping; thawed
1 (16 oz) can chocolate cake frosting
1. Prepare pudding mix with milk as directed on the pudding box. Mix in the whip topping gently so you don't soften the whip topping to much.
2. In 11x13 baking dish layer the bottom of the dish with graham crackers.
3. Spoon pudding/topping mix over layer of graham crackers.
4. Repeat layering of graham crackers and pudding until you use up the pudding.
5. End with a layer of graham crackers on top.
6. Melt the chocolate icing on the stoptop (I rig up a double boiler for this so I know I won't burn anything). You can also melt it for 1 minute on half power in the microwave but only do it 15 seconds at a time so you can stir it in between.
7. Pour melted chocolate over top layer of graham crackers.
8. Refrigerate overnight (about 12 hours should do) for best taste (my boys and I only waited 6 on the most recent one I made) Its just that good.
I usually cut this into large squares to serve but when the guys get to it first it just ends up being spooned out. Not as pretty that way but it still tastes the same. Yum yum! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply