I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Get ready for St Patrick’s Day with these St Patrick’s Day hot cocoa bombs. Hot cocoa bombs have been super popular lately. The sweet treat trend hit our house around Christmas time. We have had the regular ones, movie themed ones, and adult infused ones for Mommy. Now we are adding St Patrick’s Day hot cocoa bombs to our list. I love the Lucky Charms marshmallows. Did you know you can find bags of just the marshmallow pieces (not the cereal name brand) on Amazon? With just two basic ingredients you can make your own St Patrick’s Day hot cocoa bombs. You can order the supplies with your Amazon Prime and have plenty of time to create these cute treats.
St Patrick’s Day hot cocoa bombs
how to make hot cocoa bombs
1. First, melt the white chocolate wafers according to the package directions.
2. Second, you’ll start with a clean, dry silicone mold held still by a tray or plate to keep it level when moving it.
3. Next, use a spoon or spatula to add the melted chocolate evenly spread a layer all over each circular mold all the way up to the edge. You do not want to fill the mold full as you want it to dry so you can fill it with the marshmallows.
4. Then you’ll place the tray/plate with mold in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove the tray from the freezer and add another layer of chocolate and be sure to cover any spots that look thin from the first coat of chocolate. Be sure to thicken the chocolate around the rim of each mold so that when you release the chocolates from the mold that the edges won’t chip off.
6. Return the tray holding the mold back to the freezer for 5 more minutes.
7. After that, carefully remove each chocolate circle from the mold and set them onto the chilled tray from the freezer.
8. Gently melt the edges of each half on a hot plate so that you will end up with a smooth edge when connecting the two halves.
9. Fill half of the chocolate cups with the marshmallows. You want it to be full but not so full that you can’t connect the other chocolate half to it.
10. Heat the edge of the other half of the empty chocolate cups on the hot plate and quickly add them on top of the filled half of the chocolate cups.
11. Once all of the bombs are filled and sealed, you can melt a little more of the chocolate wafers to use as a drizzle across the tops. As soon as you drizzle you can attach a few marshmallows to the chocolate before it hardens. If you are opting to use the edible gold flakes you will also want to attach them to the drizzled chocolate before it sets.
12. Finally, To enjoy your hot chocolate bombs heat up your milk either on stove top to a boil or in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until it is the desired temperature you prefer. Add the chocolate bomb to a large mug and pour the warm milk over top.
You can store the St Patrick’s Day hot cocoa bombs in an air tight container at room temperature as long as it isn’t hot or humid enough to melt the chocolate. Have you tried hot cocoa bombs? I like using this method as it does not require the hot cocoa powder to be added in because of the quality of the Ghirardelli white chocolate. It gives a smooth, rich flavor vs. having the hot chocolate powder mixed in them.