I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
My boys love cookies. Just about any kind will satisfy them but my favorite are the ones using a M&M's cookie recipe. My youngest had a hard time saying M&M's and called them yummy yummies. Even though he is now 5 and can say M&M's if he thinks about it hard enough he still sometimes calls them yummy yummies. I remind him that they are M&M's though I'm smiling that his face lights up as he says yummy yummies. These cookies would be great for a bake sale or to enjoy at home. I like to enjoy the ooey gooey chocolate goodness that is M&M's cookies right from the oven. Do you prefer soft and chewy cookies or cookies that crunch when you take a bite? I prefer soft and chewy.
M&M's cookie recipe
M&M's cookie recipe makes 5-6 dozen depending on cookie size
1 cup packed (light) brown sugar
¾ cup of white (granulated) sugar
1 cup (2 whole sticks) of butter; softened but not melted*
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 cups M&M's candies (any variety will do)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, white sugar and the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). Next mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. On low speed mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Blend well. Add ¾ cup of the M&M's candies. I usually mix those in with a spoon not the blender so the pieces aren't all broken up, not that it makes any difference in the end I guess. Drop the cookie dough by the teaspoon full on to the parchment lined cookie sheets. Gently push a few extra of the remaining M&M's candies in to the tops of each cookie dough ball. Bake cookies for 8-11 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown. Let cookies cool 2-3 minutes and remove from pan.
- 1 cup packed (light) brown sugar
- ¾ cup of white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup (2 whole sticks) of butter; softened but not melted*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups M&M's candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, white sugar and the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (4-5 minutes).
- Next mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- On a low speed, add the flour, baking soda and salt and blend well.
- Add ¾ cup of the M&M's candies.
- Drop the cookie dough by the teaspoon full on to the parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Gently push a few of the remaining M&M's in to the tops of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake 8-11 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Let cookies cool 2-3 minutes and then remove them from the pans.
- *butter will cause the cookies to spread and be very thin. You may substitute the butter with Crisco vegetable shortening. The cookies will be thicker but in my opinion a little less flavorful than those made with the butter.
- Depending on the size you make the cookies this recipe can make 30-60 cookies.