I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% my own. Today I'm sharing pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes for Halloween Treats Week. I had my first taste of fall in August. I was ready for pumpkin everything. I left Target with a pumpkin spice frappe wearing a tank top. I didn’t care. Now, here it is the beginning of October and I’m elbows deep in all the fall and Halloween treats like these pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes.
pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes
A little pumpkin purée and spices make these cupcakes a great fall treat. One of these cupcakes and a frappe and I’m ready to curl up and watch more Halloween movies. The family and I have already watched Hocus Pocus, Casper, Beetlejuice, and The Craft. Freeform started 31 nights of Halloween on October 1st and they have all the good ones plus some that I wouldn’t really consider Halloween- looking at you Goonies and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Both are fun movies but not really Halloween to me. What is your favorite movie snack? Cupcakes allow you to eat cake and frosting with your fingers, who doesn’t love that?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1 & ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter; melted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 5 tablespoon whole milk; room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar; unpacked I use Dixie Crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract I use Adam's Best
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree do NOT use pumpkin pie filling
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter; softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup Hershey's cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- Add the butter, oil, and milk into a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and mix again until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the batter and mix until smooth.
- In a second medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients from bowl two to the wet ingredients in bowl one and whisk until smooth again.
- Gently fold in the pumpkin puree and chocolate chips.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean and dry.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, use an electric mixer to whip the butter until fluffy.
- Turn the mixer down to low speed and beat in 2 cups powdered sugar and the cocoa powder.
- Beat the rest of the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time alternating with 1 tablespoon of whipping cream in between.
- Top each cupcake with a dollop of frosting and then dip each one in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using a piping bag and a 1M icing tip, pipe remaining chocolate icing on top of the chocolate chip layer.
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020's #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart's Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of - The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook "Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts"
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, "Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess"
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of "Friends: The Official Cookbook"
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart's Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Bat Sugar Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Voodoo Doll Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Confetti Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Black Cat Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow SpiderWeb Cupcakes from Big Bear's Wife
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hocus Pocus Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from It's Shanaka
Halloween Pies & Cheesecakes:
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Halloween Themed Layered Drinks from 4 Sons R Us
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Extra Dark Chocolate Pudding from Pastry Chef Online
Sweet Halloween Treats:
- Spooky Strawberries from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Bark from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Snack Mix from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Halloween Snacks from House of Nash Eats
- Sweet & Savory Halloween Snack Board from An Affair from the Heart
- Spooky Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Poisoned Candy Apples from Fresh Coast Eats
- Donut Hole Mummies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn Munch Recipe from Back To My Southern Roots
- Spiderweb Donuts from Lemon Blossoms
Savory Halloween Recipes: