I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. My kids love peanut butter. Peanut butter and jelly uncrustables, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and the list goes on. When I told them I was going to make some peanut butter and jelly crumble bars they were all piled in to the kitchen around my KitchenAid stand mixer. Usually they have to be volun-told to do things around the house but when it comes to making desserts like my peanut butter and jelly crumble bars they come looking to "help". I can usually hear one of the boys going through the house singing "peanut butter jelly time" at any given time.
Peanut butter and jelly is a classic. I tell my best friend we go together like pb&j. I would bet that once you try these peanut butter and jelly crumble bars they will become one of your favorite ways to enjoy pb&j. I was once allergic to peanuts so now that I can have them I have tried all kinds of recipes using peanut butter and next to peanut butter and chocolate these bars are a grand way to have peanut butter and jelly.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumble Bars
1 stick unsalted butter; melted
⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 (9 oz) jar of fruit spread (I end up using about half of the jar on these)
½ stick butter; melted
½ cup all purpose-flour
⅓ cup old fashioned oats (NOT the instant kind)
¼ cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
¼ Teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking or baking spray.
- BARS: In a large microwavable bowl melt the 1 stick of butter.
- Add the ⅓ cup of peanut butter and microwave again for 15 seconds.
- Whisk the butter and peanut butter until it's combined and has no lumps.
- Let the butter mix set a moment to cool and then add the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and whisk or mix until it's smooth.
- Add the salt and flour and mix again but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter in to the greased 8x8 baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- CRUMB TOPPING: While the bars are baking make the crumble topping.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the half stick of butter.
- Add the flour, old fashioned oats, sugars, and salt and stir to combine. The mixture will be dry looking but that's what makes it a crumble.
- Once the bars are done baking for 15 min. remove them from the oven and spread the fruit spread over the peanut butter bar layer. You'll want to a space around the edges because the fruit spread will indeed spread out as it gets hot and melted.
- Top the peanut butter layer and fruit spread with the crumble topping and bake for another 25 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown.
- Wait about an hour and a half before slicing into squares to give the bars time to set or they will fall apart on you as you try to cut and serve them.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear's Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter's Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S'mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons 'R' Us
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Fruit Pie Jars from A Southern Soul
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can't wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y'all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away - One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you'll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.