I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. I’ve shared how easy no churn ice cream recipes can be. Jersey Boy gets mint chocolate chip, mint chip, or mint Oreo ice cream when we visit the local ice cream stand up the road from us. With 5 ingredients and my mixer I have started making him no churn mint Oreo ice cream at home with no ice cream machine needed. It does require a stand mixer though 😉
no churn mint Oreo ice cream
This no churn ice cream recipe is really easy to make. It’s great in a bowl with a spoon or mix it up into a creamy milkshake like my eye of newt Halloween milkshake. Kaylee liked watching the mixer turn the heavy cream into whipped topping. She said Mommy used witch magic. She’s really into witches and potions and magic at the moment. She’ll be 4 next month and I hope she never outgrows her love of pretend and magic.
If you’d like another cookie version of no churn ice cream you should give my cherry cheesecake ice cream or my banana pudding ice cream a try. Both of these are more of a summer vibe but delicious any time of year.
The main ingredients for no churn ice cream regardless of what flavor you want to make it with add ins are sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. This ice cream has the sweetened condensed milk taste to it so if you aren’t a condensed milk flavor fan then this ice cream will not be for you. With sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract you have ingredients for vanilla ice cream and the base for many, many other flavor options with whatever you decide to add in.
No Churn Mint Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 20 mint or regular Oreo cookies
- ½ Tsp mint extract
- 4 drops green gel food coloring
- Pre-freeze the loaf pan or bowl that you will be freezing the ice cream in.
- With a stand or electric mixer, whip the heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the condensed milk, mint extract, and the green gel food coloring until you get a shade of green that you want to use. I tend to use 2-4 drops for ice cream.
- Gently add the whipped cream from the first bowl to the second bowl and stir until combined.
- Drop the Oreos into a large zipper sealed baggie and crush them with a rolling pin until you have a crumb mixture.
- Gently fold the cookie crumbles into the bowl of the cream mixture; save a handful of the crumbs for the top of the final ice cream.
- Spread cookie cream mix into the loaf pan or bowl you had pre-freezing in the freezer and top with a handful of the remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Cover the pan with a layer of saran wrap and on top of that cover with a layer of aluminum foil and store in the freezer for 5-6 hours before serving.
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Have you made no churn ice cream at home before?
If you make this recipe, leave it a star rating below and if you share it on social media you can tag it with #ItsShanaka so I can find it.
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for more fun and inspiration. As always, thank you all for visiting the blog and supporting the brands I partner with which allows me to continue to create more fun content for y’all.