I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Sometimes we need a little variety come breakfast time on the weekends. During the week we do the quick breakfasts, cereal, muffins, pop tarts, and sometimes the kids eat breakfast at the school cafeteria. The weekends are more slow paced in the mornings (some times) so I like to actually make breakfast. My favorite breakfast recipes are the ones that don't require a lot of prep work but still offers the family a filling, delicious meal. One of those recipes that I have found myself making often is this Easy Breakfast Casserole which you can alter to your breakfast tastes by the choice of ingredients you include. It is very versatile.
easy breakfast casserole recipe
I love casserole meals. They are usually simple to make and can be served at home or at pot lucks or family gatherings. The base for this casserole is canned biscuits. I use my rolling pizza cutter to cut each biscuit in to 6 pieces.
Spray your casserole dish or dishes (for this day I used (2) 9 inch pie glass dishes) with non stick cooking spray. Layer in the cut up pieces of biscuit dough.
Next comes the part where you can get as simple or creative as you want. What do you enjoy most with your eggs? Sausage? Bacon? Ham? This time around I added chopped honey ham and chopped bacon to the casserole. Add whatever meats and/or veggies you prefer on top of the biscuit dough pieces.
Next, you'll want to whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and pour that mix over the casserole layers you have in your casserole dish(es) and don't forget to layer on the shredded cheese. We love lots and lots of cheese in our meals.
Bake your breakfast casserole creation on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are completely set. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 (8 count) roll of canned biscuits
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 & ½ cups of shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or other of choice)
- 8 oz. sliced ham (cut into pieces)
- 6 slices of precooked bacon; crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your 9x13 casserole dish (for this day I used (2) 9 inch pie glass dishes) with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer in the cut up pieces of biscuit dough.
- Add the ham and bacon or meats/veggies of choice on top of the biscuit pieces.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and pour that mix over all of the the casserole layers you have in your casserole dish(es) and don’t forget to layer on the shredded cheese.
- Bake your breakfast casserole creation on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.