I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
This berry cherry pie recipe is being shared as a part of #SummerDessertWeek. I was sent products from some sponsoring brands. Opinions of products and brands are my own.
berry cherry pie
One of my favorite desserts this summer has been this berry cherry pie recipe. I got my hands on some Rainier fruit cherries and blueberries and my mind was racing with summer dessert recipe ideas. I decided to use both cherries and blueberries in a berry filled, creamy, summer pie. My husband won't eat cake but he sure will put away some pie. They say opposites attract, well, he doesn't care for a lot of sweets but he married a baker. If you have some blueberries and cherries on hand you should give this berry cherry pie recipe a try. It's berry good (I'm cheesy I know but it is good even if my puns aren't).
berry cherry pie recipe
for the pie:
1 unbaked pie crust
1 & ½ cup fresh blueberries (I prefer Rainier fruit brand)
1 & ½ cup fresh cherries; pitted and cut in half (I prefer Rainier fruit brand)
for the cream filling:
⅓ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup Dixie Crystals pure cane granulated sugar (win some free)
½ cup sour cream
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon (Adams Best) vanilla flavoring
for the crumble topping:
½ cup Dixie Crystals pure cane granulated sugar
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup melted butter (I prefer Land O'Lakes brand)
Berry Cherry pie recipe directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Roll your pie crust out for your 9 inch pie dish. I love the OXO good grips 9 in. pie plate is my go to pie dish these days. It can easily go from freezer to oven and easily withstands temperature changes so no shattered glass dishes for me.
3. Place the crust in your pie dish around the bottom and up the sides, then flute the edges.
4. Fill the pie crust with a pie weight or dried beans and bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Remove weights/beans after removing from oven at 10 minute end.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the ingredients for the cream filling- flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, salt, and vanilla flavor.
6. In another medium bowl combine the crumble topping ingredients- sugar, flour, and butter. Stir the mix with a fork until it becomes crumbly.
7. Place the cherries and blueberries in your baked pie crust. Pour the cream mixture over the berries, then spread the crumble topping evenly as possible over the entire pie.
8. Bake the pie for 20 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and place foil or a pie crust shield around edge if necessary and bake 35 minutes longer.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear's Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons 'R' Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter's Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear's Wife. We're so glad that you've joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You're going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year's event! Throughout the week we'll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you're going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don't forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 -- Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 -- Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3-- OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 -- Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 -- General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 -- Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam's Extract, Land O'Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.