I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Please drink responsibly, this banana pudding shots recipe contains alcohol and is for adults 21 and older only. Did you know April 17th is National Banana Day? Let's celebrate with some adult banana pudding shots! If your looking for something a little more kid friendly then you should go check out my no churn banana pudding ice cream recipe, my banana pudding poke cake recipe, or my Mickey Mouse banana cupcakes recipe. Kaylee loves bananas. It's her favorite fruit. I love banana pudding, it holds a special place in my heart as it is one of the desserts that my Nana always made when I was growing up. That makes it one of my favorite comfort foods. This banana pudding shot recipe takes the southern comfort food favorite and adds some banana flavored rum.
Pop some of this banana pudding shot in your mouth and you'll get a delicious dollop of banana boozy-ness. The banana pudding shots recipe below makes enough for 12 shots, depending on your shot glass size. Sometimes I just want to make this in a big bowl and eat it with a spoon and skip the cute little shot glasses. If you're making this for more than yourself though, say for a party, it's way cuter serving them in the shot glasses. You can find a variety of shot glasses and party cups on Amazon.
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
1 & ¼ cup milk
¾ cup Malibu Tropical Banana Rum
1 can of Reddi-Wip whipped cream
1 package of mini Nilla Wafer cookies
1 cup shredded coconut; toasted (for garnish)
1 banana; peeled (half to chop and add in pudding and half to slice for garnish)
1. In a large bowl, combine the instant pudding, milk, and rum with a whisk.
2. If you opt to have the banana chunks in your shots you will add them in on this step.
3. Spoon or pour pudding mix in to the cups leaving room for the whipped cream.
4. Garnish each pudding shot with the Reddi-Wip whipped cream.
5. You can opt to also garnish your banana pudding shots with crushed Nilla Wafer cookies, the toasted coconut, or slices of banana.