I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Mr. Clean. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review and compensation, but all opinions are 100% mine.
When I first started using the Mr Clean magic erasers I was afraid to try them on much of anything out of fear of messing something up or making what I was trying to clean look worse. I slowly got over my fear the more I used the magic erasers. Now after long time use, I can say that there are truly many uses for Mr Clean magic eraser.
Uses for Mr Clean Magic Eraser
I'm pretty clumsy and I am raising two little boys so we have a fair share of messes. Sure I clean my all white shower with the large size Mr Clean Magic Eraser bath scrubber but the magic eraser is capable of cleaning so much more than just your bathroom and kitchen. How do we use the Mr Clean magic eraser? I have compiled a list of my uses for the Mr Clean Magic Eraser.
I bought both boys a pair of Crocs last summer during our trip to the Great Wolf Lodge. I haven't given either pair a good cleaning since the boys have had them. My oldest was really good about keeping his clean and my youngest didn't get his all that dirty. Then my youngest decided the Crocs were going to be his wear every day, all day as long as mom lets him shoes and as result the Crocs were just filthy. Crocs can be cleaned with a little extra strength magic eraser. For some uses I keep the eraser whole and use it and some I cut in to smaller bars to use. For this cleaning job I used half a bar.
More of my uses for the Mr Clean magic erasers: (warning- use with care. These magic erasers can be too strong for cleaning some surfaces and delicate fabrics also by cleaning some items with the magic eraser you may void the warranty)
- Remove hair dye. I can't always afford to get my hair colored at the salon so sometimes for a easy root touch up I do the at home color. I mentioned earlier that I'm clumsy and I have ended up with blue black hair dye on my wood furniture and hardwood flooring. Magic eraser to the rescue.
- Remove blood from jeans. My boys have their fair share of scraps and cuts and they end up with blood on their clothes. I haven't used a magic eraser on any shirts but I have used them on blue jeans.
- Remove jean stains from my leather handbags. I packed a bright yellow purse in my suitcase on top of a pair of blue jeans. When I arrived to my hotel I needed to change for a dinner. Just being in the suitcase and traveling by plane my jeans and rubbed a big blue streak across my yellow purse. I had a small square of magic eraser in my travel bag and (lightly) used it on my purse. All was well again with the yellow bag and I didn't carry it on days I wore that particular pair of jeans.
- Remove crud from my electronic devices otterbox cases. I have an otterbox iPad and iPhone case and with daily use they get pretty cruddy and germy. You can imagine the sticky fingerprints and who knows what else you can accumulate on devices and cases. I chose the white otterbox Armor case and well after a year it was looking more blue (being kept in jeans pocket) and off yellow from constant handheld usage.
- Van headlights. Being the only care taker of my van now I have used toothpaste to clean my headlights but it took a lot of my arm power. I then decided to try the toothpaste on a magic eraser and it doesn't take as much elbow power to get the lights clean. DO NOT use the magic erasers on the painted body of your vehicle!
- Beach toys. I left some of the beach toys bagged in the basement last summer so I had to clean them up with some magic erasers before we used them this summer.
- Remove baked on stains from cookie sheets. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with water after cleaning.
- Grill stains. Have tough grill stains and cooked/burned on food bits? Give the grill grates a scrub with a magic eraser. There are millions of uses for the Mr Clean magic eraser. You can also follow Mr Clean on Facebook and twitter and if you all ready do then you'll be two steps ahead...
Use the giveaway form below to enter to win an assortment of Mr Clean magic erasers.