When it comes to Halloween treats I like to have fun with the food. I’ve made severed finger hotdogs for the kids. I also made my aunt a cut open torso cake and delivered it to her in a (clean) trash bag she had to cut open to get to the cake. Following suit with the fun this year I made the kids a pan of Zombie Guts Cinnamon Rolls. This recipe is sponsored by Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, and Wilton.
Zombie Guts Cinnamon Rolls
Zombie Guts Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients:
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
1 & 3/4 cups warm water
1 box of red velvet cake mix (dry)
2 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
Wilton red gel coloring (optional)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons milk
green food coloring
Zombie Guts Cinnamon Rolls Directions:
1. Combine the yeast, light brown sugar, and warm water in a large mixing bowl to start the cinnamon roll dough process. Let it set for about 5 minutes or until it looks bubbly on top.
2. Add the dry cake box mix and flour a little at at time, mixing with a dough hook until it becomes a dough like consistency.
3. Scrap the bowl sides, form the mixture into a ball and cover it. You should let it rise in a warm spot for about an hour.
4. After the dough has risen for about an hour, flour a tabletop or large surface, and remove the dough from the bowl to the floured surface and knead the dough for a few minutes.
5. Roll the dough out in to a large rectangle. Use a knife or pizza cutter to even out the sides.
6. For the filling mix together the melted butter and light brown sugar and sprinkle that over your dough rectangle. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the brown sugar mix.
7. Roll the dough up in to one long roll and cut that in to 2 inch pieces.
8. Unroll each cut piece and fold it in half and pinch the edges together.
9. Arrange the cinnamon roll pieces in a greased 8×8 baking dish to look like “guts”. You can then brush some of the red gel coloring along the seams of the dough to give it a more gory look and this is totally optional for you.
10. Bake the cinnamon roll guts for 45 minutes on 350 degrees F.
11. Once the rolls are done baking you can whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and green food coloring to make the incing/glaze.
12. Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon roll guts and let your family and friends enjoy some zombie guts.
Red Velvet Zombie Guts Cinnamon Rolls
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Velvet Cake from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food