I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Need something to take to the potluck Halloween party? I have a fun (and super easy) recipe that will come in handy. These Halloween Hand Pies are super easy to make and the kids will get a kick out of lending a helping hand in making them. With these frightfully delicious baked treats you can have dessert ready in just 30 minutes. This Halloween Hand Pies recipe post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals, Wilton, and Litehouse Foods.
Halloween Hand Pies
1-2 boxes refrigerated pie crust
1 can apple pie filling
1 can cherry pie filling
2 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I prefer Dixie Crystals)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg white, beaten
Optional: Litehouse caramel dip for your apple filled hand pies
Other products that come in handy while making and baking Halloween hand pies is the Wilton disposable counter covers and the Wilton Halloween cookie cutters. I can roll out the pie crusts and use the Wilton cookie cutters on the counter covers and not worry about ruining my table.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (F). Place down the Wilton counter cover if you are using one. Unbox the pie crusts and allow them to come to room temperature. Open and add the can of pie filling to a bowl.
2. Trace the kid’s hands on parchment paper; you’ll use the traced paper as a template to cut out the pie crusts. If you choose to just use cookie cutters for your Halloween hand pies you can skip the hand tracing step.
3. Take the hand tracing and cut out the pie crust or use the cookie cutters to cut out the designs of choice. Spoon the pie filling in to the center of a pie crust cut out.
4. Top the filling filled pie crust cut out with a second cut out pie crust and pinch the edge together all the way around the hand pie. Give each hand pie a poke with a fork or knife to give them venting holes to keep them from bursting while baking.
5. Brush the tops of each hand pie with the beaten egg white. Place the Halloween hand pies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet about an inch apart and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. While the hand pies are baking whisk together the powdered sugar and milk in a bowl until smooth. Once the pies are done but still warm you can either drizzle the glaze across the hand pies or drop the entire hand pie in to the glaze to coat the entire thing.
7. If you chose to use the Litehouse caramel dip you can dip the apple hand pies in the caramel dip or drizzle the caramel dip over the pies.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Camp Crystal Lake Punch from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Hocus Pocus Cauldron Fondue from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Monster Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love and Confections
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks