This recipe for bloody good fudge is sponsored by Dixie Crystals, Wilton, and Adam’s Extract. Bloody good fudge is a recipe title open for interpretation. It could mean that it’s a Halloween treat that is supposed to resemble blood. My son says it looks like fatty, bloody meat cut up in to chunks. It could mean it’s just really good fudge. I’d like to think it’s both. It can be Halloween themed if you give it the right decorations but it can also make a nice Christmas time fudge as well. Either way it’s bloody good fudge.
Bloody Good Fudge Recipe
3 cups granulated sugar (My go to is Dixie Crystals)
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 (7 oz) jar of marshmallow creme/fluff
1 teaspoon Adam’s Best vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips- you can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate for these
2-3 drops Wilton burgundy gel coloring
Bloody Good Fudge
1. Line a 9 inch square baking dish/pan with double layered foil leaving some over the edges. Lightly spray with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, add the semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and the drops of gel coloring.
3. Place butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave the butter until it is melted. This can vary depending on the microwave. My microwave melts butter in about 1 minute (I do 20 seconds at a time so it doesn’t pop).
4. Add the granulated sugar and evaporated milk with the melted butter and mix well. Microwave the butter/sugar mix again for 2.5-3 minutes. Stir and microwave again for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the marshmallow creme/fluff and stir. Then add in the white chocolate chips and stir again. You’ll need to stir this time until smooth.
6. Quickly add about half of the hot white chocolate mix to the bowl with your semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and red gel coloring. It should be still hot enough that it should melt the chips right away.
7. Alternate spoonfuls of the white and red fudge mixes in to the prepared baking dish/pan. You’ll want to do this before the fudge starts to set in the bowls.
8. Run a knife gently through the pan to swirl the white and red colors together however you choose. Tap the pan on the counter to remove air bubbles and give it a fairly smooth surface.
9. Let harden/chill completely and then use the foil to remove the fudge from the pan. Discard the foil and cut the fudge into squares.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
- Caramel Chocolate Green Monster Cupcakes from I am a Honey Bee
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cheeseball from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Bloody Ice Cream Sundaes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Fruit Punch from Everyday Eileen
- Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Candy Bucket Cake from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Icebox Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Scary Caramel Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
- Frankenstein Cake Pops from The Redhead Baker
- Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Cakesickles from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
- Caramel Apple Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
- Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
- Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Spooky Shortbread Cookies from Shockingly Delicious