I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
chocolate and peanut butter, two of my favorite flavor combos. My favorite saying every Halloween to my older kids is I gave you life and you give me the Reese's. That's the fun of the Mom Halloween tax. I decided to share with them this week and I made a batch of Reese's Halloween Cookie Bars. This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals, Adams Extract, Sweets & Treats, Treat Street, and Wilton.
Reese's Halloween Cookie Bars
I made two batches of this recipe. I made one in my 8x8 baking dish and one I made in an individual brownie pan.
½ cup creamy peanut butter
6 Tablespoons butter; melted
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup (packed) brown sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
½ Teaspoon salt
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter chips
6 Reese's peanut butter cups; chopped
½ cup Reese's Pieces
Sprinkles and halloween eyeballs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your baking dish with non stick spray.
2. Line the dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
3. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter and melted butter until well blended and smooth.
5. Add both the granulated and brown sugars and mix together.
6. Add the vanilla and egg to the peanut butter mix.
7. Add the flour mix to the peanut butter mix and stir with a spatula.
8. Combine the ½ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut chips together. Add ¾ cup of the combination of chips to the batter along with the Reese's Pieces candies.
9. Place the cookie dough in to your prepared baking dish. Top with the sprinkles.
10. Top with the remaining chips.
11. Bake the cookie bars for 20 minutes. Once done baking remove them from the oven and place the eyeballs on top. Let them cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
12. Cut your cookie bars in to squares or if you use an individual serving baking dish you can let them go as they are.
Halloween Cookie Bars
Happy Halloween! We hope you're ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear's Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can't wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don't forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack - including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam's Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack - including - Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st - October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam's Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear's Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Little Monsters Halloween Mocktails from 4 Sons R Us
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Vodka Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Monster Mash Piñata Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Crispy Cereal Treats from The Redhead Baker
- Graveyard Pudding from The Beard and The Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie's Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Sadie B. says
We love to decorate with ghosts at Halloween. So much fun!