I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
What do you do when you are a baker with a sweet tooth and you marry a guy who doesn't care much for sweets? You find out what he enjoys and you make the heck out of it. For Jersey Boy, he doesn't care much for cake or anything super sweet but he will throw down on some cheesecake. Today I'm sharing with you a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake bars thanks to Dixie Crystals and Adams Extract. Jersey Boy ate most of it in two days.
pumpkin cheesecake bars
For the crust
8 full graham crackers, broken into pieces
4 Tablespoons butter; melted
1 Tablespoon Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
For the filling
(2) 8 oz. bars of cream cheese; room temperature
¾ cup of Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 Teaspoon Adams Extract vanilla flavoring
2 eggs; room temperature
1 can of pumpkin puree
½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon grated nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 11x7 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Put the graham crackers in a food processor and run until you have fine crumbs.
3. Add the sugar and and butter and mix until combined.
4. Spread the crumb mix into the 11x7 lined baking dish and press it in to an even layer.
5. Bake the crust about 10 minutes and then transfer the pan to a rack for cooling.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
7. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until it is smooth and fluffy looking (2-3 minutes).
8. Add eggs, beating one at a time. Set bowl aside.
9. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
10. Add ¾ cup of the cream cheese fluff to the pumpkin bowl and stir together.
11. Assemble the cheesecake layers. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese fluff on the graham cracker crust. On top of that drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese fluff and pumpkin mixture alternating the two to make a checkerboard pattern. Using a knife or toothpick swirl the pumpkin and cream cheese fluff to create a marbled pattern in the batter.
12. Bake the cheesecake on 325 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until set. Once the cheesecake is baked let it cool completely and then refrigerate the pan for 2-3 hours. Using the parchment paper overhang lift the cheesecake out of the pan and cut in to bars and serve.
Happy Halloween! We hope you're ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear's Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can't wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don't forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack - including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam's Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack - including - Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st - October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam's Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair from Big Bear's Wife
- Pumpkin Empanadasfrom Pook's Pantry
- Malted Milk Ball Spider Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Eyeball Jello Shots from I am a Honey Bee
- Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Candy Corn Naked Cake from Southern From Scratch
- Monster Fudge from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Blender Mom
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats from Daily Dish Recipes
- Graveyard Pie from Eat Move Make
- Easy Skeleton Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Swiss Meringue Spooky Skull from Kudos Kitchen
- Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Melting Witch Candy Popcorn Halloween Party Mix from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Dragon's Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Graveyard Dip from Mildly Meandering
- Eyeball Cake Balls from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- White Chocolate Ghost Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Blossom Sprinkle Cookies from House of Nash Eats
- Rice Krispie Haunted House from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Snack Mix from Katie's Cucina
- Monster Rice Krispies from For the Love of Food
Leave a Reply