I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Mama B and Baby B were given the opportunity to try out a Rump a rooz G2 (known to the cloth diaper world as a RaR G2) One Size cloth diaper from Kanga Care. I have been converting all of our applix (hook and loop tape or velcro) closure diapers to snaps myself so when Julie from Kanga Care offered a G2 Rumparooz with snaps I was excited! We received the Rumparooz G2 in Platinum. You can check out the other 16 solid colors here and the 9 fabulous prints here.
2. The 6 r inserts. Rump a rooz G2 have a special 6 r soaker with them. The unique soaker is a set of (1) one size soaker and (1) newborn insert. These 2 inserts also snap together. You can snap the newborn insert to the one size insert in 3 different positions (including 1 for girls and 1 for boys) which allows for the 6 size/absorbency settings. I love the "for boys" setting for Baby B.
3. Sizing adjustments. The rump a rooz G2 has 4 sizing adjustments so that the diaper can fit a baby from 6 lbs. through to potty training at around 35 lbs. Baby B is 17 months and weighs 30 lbs. and this diaper fits him very well (as you can see). The G2 is very trim and there was no bulk even with the both inserts snapped together inside. I was very happy about that. The snap diapers have an extra 2 closure settings for even better adjustability in the waist. I know some moms prefer applix for the diaper closure for better fit on the waist but we had no trouble with the snaps.
We give all our new diapers the same "test". Once I wash as required for first use as stated on the lable Baby B does his thang. We do daytime wear, nap time wear and night time wear.
1. Daytime wear. I leave it on him for a few hours to see just how much it really holds. He wore the G2 rump a rooz for 5 hours before I decided to change him so the G2's are able to make the 4 hour rides we take to WV monthly which means less stops we have to make. Grade: A+
2. Nap time wear. Baby B takes 3 2 hour naps a day. First is at 10:30 am. I put it on him and gave him a cup of milk, let him finish the milk then put him down for a nap. 2 hours later he is not even damp but the diaper was good and wet. Grade: A+
3. Night time wear: The only diapers we had found up til now that worked for Baby B at night were either the bumgenius or Drybees nighttimes. Baby B goes to bed at 8:30 pm and sleeps usually until 8-9am. The first night he wore it he slept from 8:30am to 9pmand he woke up dry! I was very pleased. He was dry, no wet jammies or sheet but the diaper was full. And boy was it full. He had a "runny" diaper happen sometime during the night and even with the way he flops around in his sleep the G2 RaR kept his runny mess inside. Grade: A++
So as if you cant tell from the review the Rump a rooz G2 snaps is Baby tested and Mom approved! From our hive to yours we definitly recommend these diapers!
Leave a Reply