I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Yeah me neither. Getting organized is a process and is frustrating for me. Living amongst clutter everyday can be very stressful, but sometimes the thought of clearing the clutter can feel overwhelming and may bring on feelings on apprehension, preventing you from the taking action you need to get started.
So, where to start? Begin by breaking your organizing project down into smaller chunks. Decide what you're going to work on first. Then plan on doing any or all of the following:
• Ask for help. Kids can learn a great lesson, and husbands too
• Play your favorite music during the organizing session. It can be a great workout
• Take frequent short breaks and reflect on what you've accomplished so far
• Set small rewards for yourself when you have accomplished tasks
• Give yourself permission to buy what is needed to complete your task.
Remember to just do something. I take 15-30 a day to stop and do something that is needed around the house. It could be something simple as a load of laundry to cleaning out a closet. Start small or you will just get overwhelmed if you take on too much. Once that clutter is gone you will be amazed how good you feel. Happy Organizing!
Another guest post from Mamavation Sista Karla. Karla Bond is your typical mother looking for balance in life. She is a career woman with one son. Trying to find a balance between parenting, weight loss, and finding a spiritual path is difficult. There will be a day when my life is balance. Follow me on my journey at Bond With Karla.