This blueberry crumble cheesecake recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor brands but as always- opinions are 100% my own.
Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits to enjoy during the summer. Bagels, waffles, cake, gimme all the blueberries. I had always been intimidated by making a cheesecake from scratch. My cousin makes cheesecakes and his are perfection. Cheesecake is one of Jersey Boy’s favorite sweet treats so I knew I had to eventually give in and attempt to make them for him. This blueberry crumble cheesecake recipe is my way of combining his cheesecake with my blueberries.
Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Recipe
Crumb cake crust layer & topping:
3 & 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup butter; cold and cubed
1/3 cup granulated sugar- I used Dixie Crystals
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract- I used Adams Best ClearVan
8 oz. block cream cheese; softened
8 oz. mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons caster sugar (I put some of the granulated sugar in the processor so that it was chopped up but not to the powdered sugar level)
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 & 2/3 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan (I used Anolon brand) with parchment paper. You’ll also want to spray the bottom and sides of the pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and the brown sugar.
3. Add the cubed butter to the flour mix and you can combine this with your hands or a fork. I used my hands.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla to the crumb mix and combine until it is crumbly.
5. Press about 2/3 of the crumb mix into the bottom of your springform pan and up about 1 inch on the side of the pan. Let this rest in the fridge while you make the filling. Reserve the rest of the crumb mix for crumble topping.
6. To make the blueberry cheesecake filling mix together the cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla, caster sugar, and cornstarch just until it is combined.
7. Add the eggs just until mixture is combined; do not over mix.
8. Take out the pan from the fridge and add half of the cheesecake filling.
9. Add 2/3 cup blueberries on top of the cheesecake filling and top that with the rest of the cheesecake filling.
10. Repeat another layer of blueberries and then top with the last layer of the crumb topping mix you had reserved from making the crust.
11. Bake the cheesecake at 350 degrees F for about 60-75 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cheesecake comes out clean.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food